lunes, 8 de junio de 2009

Is it a murse or a mag?

Well, neither, actually…

Mine is a knapsack, or maybe a messanger's bag. Whatever. But I have decided that I need to carry too much crap around with me wherever I go, so I don't want to look like Dennis the menace with my pants pockets bulging with fifteen keys in several keyrings, cell phone, iPod, wallet, coins, bill fold, portable speaker, hearing aids' case, lint, and other debris that accumulates in the day to day wanderings of a regular adult roaming across several cities.

Anyway, now I am very much unencumbered, and I carry all my crap on the little sling bag. It looks a little like the ones in the picture, but not really: mine is cuter!

But this new fashion trend of having men walk around carrying purses reminds me very much of the Seventies, when we all used to walk around with "morrales", which were pretty much also sling bags. Then, at the end of the Seventies and the beginning of the Eighties men started carrying around mags and murses (man-bags and man-purses), which were really roughened versions of lady's purses.

This fashion has been recycled and is back, like the proverbial bad penny. But at least I look semi-manly in my teenie-tiny cute backpack.

No, really!

D

No hay comentarios.:

Entradas populares