martes, 9 de febrero de 2010

ドナルドでゲッダン Get Down by Ronald Mcdonald

I know we are so far behind on the times here in America sometimes… And my demographic slice of the population seems to be always two or three steps behind what's fashionable, but I decidedly like all these concepts of "memes" in the Internet. However, I have trouble understanding how they could possibly be memes if the Internet's main mandate is continuous change, instead of institutionalized concepts. There is no dogma, and whatever appears to have some sort of cultural significance that ought to be handed down to the next generation is always a momentary fad. To speak of something that happened in the Internet two months ago is equivalent to speak to a regular person about the conquistadores… Unless it is currently in everyone's mind in the Internet, it is already passé…


Regardless, I enjoy learning about these memes, and some of them I would like to do to death, until somebody has to physically stop me from doing them. As a matter of fact, I believe I will make my own "geddan" video this week.

It will be outdated in YouTube by then, I'm sure, but I'll have some fun trying to explain to dudes my age at work:

"You see, there used to be this game called GoldenEye 007 in the Nintendo 64, and…"




D

No hay comentarios.:

Entradas populares