sábado, 16 de agosto de 2008

Watching anime "Blood+"

 
I've just been through a bout of some gastrointestinal mishap or other (doctor couldn't find out what it was), and while I was convalescing, I stayed home from work for a couple of days. During those long hours, I started watching this series, based on a movie I saw when my children were little, like ten years ago, or so…

Anyway, I was excited to finally start catching the drift of the plot, and was up to chapter twenty when I decided to Google the series and read more about it. That's when I found out that there are over FIFTY chapters of this stupid series.

I think the Japanese anime are very much like Mexican soap operas, in that they go on and on and on, just developing the same characters, and getting into deeper and deeper plots. They are both very melodramatic and full of cultural clichés. They are both targeted for the general public (i.e., not very intellectually challenging). They are both absolutely watchable and pull you in like the proverbial mafia. I can't stop watching.

I think I may need to get sick again, just to be able to finish this series…

D

No hay comentarios.:

Entradas populares